Indore has been divided into four zones. While there will be relaxations in the Zone 1, 2, and 3, Zone 4 will continue to be under strict lockdown.
With ‘conditions apply’ the first phase of lifting the complete lockdown – Unlock 1.0 – has begun. From Monday, the state’s financial Capital, which has turned into a Coronavirus hotspot, will limp back to normalcy.
Despite the rising number of COVID-19 cases, the district administration, on late Saturday last night announced the beginning of Unlock 1.0 or lockdown 5.0 albeit with some riders. During a meeting, chaired by district collector Manish Singh at Nehru Stadium late on Sunday, Indore was divided into four zones.
Zone 1 comprises of rural areas that are located outside the ambit of Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC), while Zone 2 comprises of areas within IMC ambit including 29 villages that were recently included within the IMC purview. Zone 3 has areas that fall between 29 villages and core central part of Indore, whereas Zone 4 is the densely commercial central part of the city.
While there will be relaxations in the Zone 1, 2, and 3, Zone 4 will continue to be under strict lockdown. Although vegetable markets will remain closed, vendors can sell items on carts or vehicles in the colonies.
- Twice-a-day door-to-door supply of milk.
- Schools and colleges have been given permission to conduct official activities with one-third of the total staff. However, classes cannot be conducted.
- A maximum of 12 people will be allowed to gather for wedding programs, and five people are allowed for funerals.
- All banks in the district will operate as per their normal time. However, banks will have to ensure there is no cramping, and social distancing must be adhered to strictly.
- Construction work in the district has been allowed to re-start, except for areas that come under Zone 1.
- Deceased has to be cremated/buried in the nearby crematorium or burial ground.
- Players can use facilities and complexes from June 1, but no spectators allowed
- Morning walkers/joggers allowed time slot between 5 am and 8 pm.
- Mobile shops and repairing units will be operational in Zone 2.
- Malls, cinemas, shopping centers, gymnasium, places of public gatherings.
- Public transport within the city and public transport for inter-district and inter-state movement.
- Business activities, marriage gardens, wedding processions banned in Zone 1.
Meanwhile, curfew will remain in place in the entire district between 9 pm and 5 am, and no activity, whatsoever, will be allowed in containment areas. In fact, opening shops without permission can lead to cancellation of license.
For the first five days, people will be advised to maintain social distancing, use masks and sanitizers and not spit in public places, and from the sixth day, the law enforcement agencies will start imposing fines and penalties for those found not following the guidelines.
According to Singh, the situation will be reviewed after a week. He also urged the public to maintain peace and patience during this lockdown and strictly follow the rules. Singh said that lockdown 5.0 will be implemented very strictly.
For kickass stories, interesting updates, and irresistible offers, join XPRESS WHATSAPP CLUB today. All you have to do is save 8085879657 as XPRESS in your contact list and send us a Hello! Also, follow us on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM; and don’t forget to like our FACEBOOK page, subscribe to our TELEGRAM channel.