Insaan naam mein mazhab dhoond leta hai. It’s a very popular dialogue from A Wednesday – a film produced by one of a few friends I have in the industry, Anjum Rizvi. Ironically, the central characters of the film – Naseeruddin Shah and Anupam Kher – are not on talking terms with each other these days; however the iconic dialogue is part of a scene in which the two can be seen having an intense telephonic conversation.
I will recommend you to watch the masterpiece once. Not because it’s Anjum Bhai’s film, but for the reason that it may help you get over Islamophobia. Because I am sure by now you must have seen my name and have decided not to read any further thinking I am here to abuse you for your 2017 tweets on Azaan. But trust me this letter has got nothing to do with your past rants – neither against Azaan nor for ‘giving your two pence’ by comparing Kaali Maa with Radhe Maa.
In fact, I give a damn if Azaan on loudspeakers is banned in India. I don’t hold any grudge against you for insulting the Prophet by believing that he should only be addressed by his first name and using ‘Prophet’ before or ‘Sahab’ after the name is a sheer waste of precious characters available for a tweet. For me, it’s absolutely between you and him.
Anyway, coming to the reason why I couldn’t stop myself from writing this open letter to you. In my over a decade-and-half-old journalistic career, I have got the opportunity to see tinsel town from close quarters. Like many Bollywood journalists and those who are part of the showbiz, I too am aware of several ‘open’ secrets of the larger-than-life personalities, and have even seen the dark underbelly of some of the icons of the industry.
However, I have never come across a person like you. I simply can’t believe you have the guts to boast about your links with the underworld and anti-nationals. But that’s a different topic altogether as everyone knows ki ‘more saiyan bhaye kotwal ab dar kahe ka’. And please do note, that I am not taking sides here. I don’t care who is wrong and who is right among you and Bhushan Kumar, because in this industry, “hamam mein sabhi nange hain.”
Chronology samajhiye: Sonu Nigam threatens Bhushan Kumar
Bhushan Kumar’s wife Divya Kumar Khosla responds
Sonu Nigam ensures Divya Kumar Khosla is abused, humiliated
What I am irked about the most is the fact that you believe you can outrage a woman’s modesty in public by subjecting her to abuses and threats and get away with it. Sorry. Not for something as cheap as this. Unlike most of the people from my fraternity, I couldn’t just sit back and enjoy the cat-fight. Sonu Nigam, it’s high time everyone gets to know the real Sonu Nigam.
Yes, everyone knows that Sonu Nigam is an enormously gifted, but out-of-work singer. Everyone knows that Sonu Nigam is a failed actor and a Rajya Sabha seat or a Padma award aspirant. However, not many people knew that Sonu Nigam is a man who’s sick in the head and derives sadistic pleasure by subjecting a woman to insults and rape threats. Not many people knew that Sonu Nigam is an absolute ‘ASSHOLE’. So thank you for finally showing all that dirty face concealed behind the mask of a legend.
By doing what you did to your friend-turned-foe Bhushan Kumar’s wife Divya Kumar Khosla, you have proved that you are one of the most disgusting people in the film and music industry. You knew the reason why she turned off the comments. Wasn’t it obvious?
In fact, it was the same reason why you had to deactivate your Twitter account when you got stranded in Dubai due to the Coronavirus pandemic a couple of months ago. Have you forgotten how people tagged Dubai Police and demanded action to be taken against you?
Sonu Nigam, Divya Kumar Khosla’s video was meant for you and instead of being a man and replying to her, you tried to act witty (something that isn’t your cup of tea) and shamelessly exposed her to your fans so that she can be abused?
Out of the nearly 14,000 abuses and threats hurled at Divya Kumar Khosla at your behest, I could barely go through 140 of them and picked up the Top 10. I’m sure you must be very proud of them.
1. lkmeena26: Sali tu bta bhusan kumar ke sath tu kyo rhti he kon he tu kon janta he tere ko peso ke liye 1rapist dalal jo sajid ko ladkiya supply krta he tu us se chudvati he sali rand khi sonu nigam khud 1 brand he music ka sun khosla teri ma bosda
2. vikashrajput.vikka: Koi laat maro iss Randi main re
3. apun_yeda: Chap teri ma bhosada kuch bhi mat bol sonu nigam ko varna हिंदुस्तानी भाऊ tak bat gayi to teri bhi tapa tapa leyega
4. lunakdas: She’s an escort in simple words. And about directing videos, everybody knows what she does other selling soft porn!
5. sujit_parmar_26: Divya bhosda kumar
6. avneesh_300491: Nikal…. L####I pehli fursat me nikal….
7. ____rathore__1718: Kitne paise Mai biki gyi h tu, ohh sorry, Tera toh husband hai woh
8. littlebit_.psycho: 2 kaudi ki aukaat nhi thi iski….jab bhushan se shaadi ker li toh bada maalkin bani phir rahi hai….buddhi kahi ki
9. sahil_rajput_71: Mujhe lagti hai ye gold digger
10. pranav_arora_official: Are oo tu Jo bhi hai HUD me reh Kar bol. Yaha par kuch bura likh Ni sakta nahi to tujh jaisi ko to buri buri suna sunakar hi mar du. tu chahti Kya hai ki kisi ko bhi chance mil Jaye jisme talent ka t bhi na ho. Aur tu hoti kaun hai unke khilaaf bolne Vali . Terko jaanta kaun hai . Last time kehra hu hadd me rahiyo.
Maza aaya? I can imagine that venomous smile on your face. How about dedicating a song for all your lovely fans out there?
Sonu Nigam, without the fear of any consequence, I would like to say it once again. You are an absolute ‘ASSHOLE’. If you have even an ounce of shame left, do apologize to the woman now for making her go through this shit; kya pata, kal ho na ho!
With loads of disgust from the bottom my heart,