While it is quite chilly during the evenings, all that pleases us maybe is a hot cuppa coffee and nothing could be better if it is followed by a barbeque session. Believe me, you don’t have to be a hotel management graduate to be an expert in this.
It is just a few tips and techniques that need to be kept in mind along with the basic equipment, gadgets, and ingredients to flaunt your culinary skills, thereby impressing your guests over a barbeque party at home this winter.
- A basic portable barbeque grill along with the skewers, wood charcoal, basic spices, and ingredients is all that you require to kick-off.
- Soak the bamboo skewers for an hour to prevent them from burning which could be skipped if using metal ones.
- Be it cottage cheese, veggies, chicken, mutton, fish or prawns; marinating them well makes them more tender, flavourful and helps retain moisture during cooking.
- Butter, salt, pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, hung curd, fresh cream, roasted cumin-coriander powder, cardamom, saffron, cinnamon, nutmeg powder, etc. are a few basic ingredients to be used to marinade in various combinations
- The prime cuts of red meat (rib eye, strip steak, filet) have the most marbleized fat content, making them more flavourful, tender and rich in fleshy goodness. A small portion of raw papaya paste added in marination acts as a tenderizer.
- Always preheat for 10-20 minutes if using an electric grill and in case of a charcoal barbecue till the fumes disappear leaving behind red hot charcoal, thereby ensuring proper cooking temperatures which in turn helps prevent sticking or under-cooking.
- A grill that’s ready to cook needs to be clean and hot. Always clean your grill before and after cooking. May layer with aluminum foil for ease in cleaning up.